Monday, December 13, 2010
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Monday, October 4, 2010
Whether you are a writer or a reader my advice today is to shake things up. Read a genre you have never tried before. Write from a different POV it will refine your skills and maybe you'll love the new POV. Another shake up that I particularly feel gives us the refreshing we all need is to go out and do something that is different. Try hiking and see if you like that, or ice skating, archery, or my favorite; road trip. This picture is from my last road trip to Bryce Canyon :D
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Friday, September 17, 2010
To write a fictional story it is important to know your main characters. I do that by writing down every question I can think of and then answering them for each of my characters. The more detail you know about each character the better you will be able to determine how they will respond to the people and situations they are confronted with. Here are a few getting to know you questions to get you started:
- Does he/she know how to dance?
- What he/she be doing at a party?
- Does he/she like to be the center of attention?
- What kind of things fill his/her mind when stuck in traffic?
- If he/she was forced to leave their home in a moments notice what is the one thing they would take with them?
- How many pairs of shoes does this person own?
- What is their favorite color to wear?
- How many messages would he/she find on their answering machine after two days of not checking their messages?
- What is his/her ideal environment?
- Does he/she have a fear of something that interferes with their daily life?
There's a start but I encourage you to make a list at least four times this size. Happy writing :D
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Very soon I will be letting you know where you can buy my books. In the mean time I'll be sharing the information that I come across as it applies to my passion which is writing. I'll be having guest authors stopping by and clue my fellow authors in on lessons that I am learning about the business of being a working author. Thanks for your intrest :D